Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Child has vomiting, loose motion, fever. Cause of infection?

hi-My son is 2.10 Year old.From the last 3 days he is suffering from Vomiting & today from morning he is having 4-5 loose motion & fever 101.7 F.What is the cause of these infection . 1st time doctor given him emeset inject & he ask to give him Ondroc syrub,fexopen syrub,celyooc syrub. And today he suggested to give him combination of lomotil + Redotil
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  434
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.Your child is suffering from viral gastroenteritis.If the vomiting has stopped then give him some probiotics. Avoid milk,fruit drinks and wheat products. Redotril is ok but lomotil should be avoided at all costs.Give your child lots of fluids and ORS-zinc preparation.Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor