Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child has unclear speech, limited speech. What to do?

My son can complete a sentence in one or two words but it is not very clear. He speaks when somebody requests him to say. Even he does not ask for water in his own word ,he use to indicate his hand to the glass. When he is alone ,he sings and laughs himself. His all words are not unclear, sometimes we can easily understand his words or sentence. His reaction or response is normal,hearing is normal. He can easily catch any tune or song after watching television.He don't have any physical problem ,good health. He is 3.4 years old. What should I do ?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Take him to a speech therapist for evaluatioin and identification of the problem.
Also talk one language at home otherwise he may get confused
Keep on training
Reduce TV time.
Give books to read aloud.
Teach music.
Good luck
Dr Uma

Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor