Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Child has tooth pain after dental work. Lump on gums. What could this be?

Hi, i have a 3 year old daughter that came to me today and said her teeth hurt she just had dental work done about 6 months ago so i dont think it would have anything to do with that but i looked inside her mouth and she has a lump on her gums on the right side the lump is about the size on the end of my little finger what could this be and how can i get ride of it, it looks like a blister but its not it does not have puss inside it
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Hello & welcome
you have to notice if this lump is present behind the teeth at the end of arch or is associated with some tooth.
Because if this swelling is associated with some tooth than this may be a periapical infection, and you have to visit your dentist.
But this is an eruption cyst if present at the end of arch & there is no need to worry this will subside by itself.
thanks & take care
Answered: Tue, 15 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor