Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Child has swollen genital part. Complains of pain. What could it be?

My daughter, almost 2 1/2 years old, has been fussier than normal, complaining that her girl parts hurt. She has been pulling at it asking for diaper cream, upon doing this, I found her labia , or some part on her genital appears to be swollen, also a little red around the area. What could this be? At first, I thought a UTI ... either way, I should be taking her in immediately to be seen by a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.It maybe a diaper rash.
Avoid diapers for a few days.Keep the area clean and dry.
Apply a diaper cream thrice daily to the local area.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 13 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor