Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Child has swelling in neck. FNAC shows cysticercus cellulosae. Prescribed Zentel syrup. Dose?

Hi Doctor. My daughter had a swelling in neck and FNAC showed cysticercus cellulosae. Consulting physician has suggested Zentel Syrup but is not sure of the dose to be given for kid who is 7 year old and weighs around 35 kg. Kindly suggest the dose for my daughter. Also suggest if praziquantel is more suitable than Albendazole in this case.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  58
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
The dose of zentel is 400 mg in children above the age of 2 years.
And I advise you to consult a Pediatrician before giving zentel to your child for proper tareatment advise of zentel in appropriate dose and duration.
Without prescription don't use zentel.
Both praziquantel and zentel are effective in treating cysticercosi.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor