Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Child has swelling after mosquito bites. Do I take him to doctor?

S my 5 year old son swells up after getting misquito bites and he had gotten 2 on his forehead the other day and they swelled p like normal but now the swelling has gone down but now is a lot of pimple looking little bumps around where the bites had happened which is not normal for him, and at the same time my 2 year old daughter has had a lot of small bumps on her feet , do you they are related or 2 different things, she has an appt today but do I need to take my son in as well?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
We need detail information about your children and family.
1. Any of your family members (including son and daughter) is suffering from Shortness of breath (bronchial asthma) and or allergic rhinitis (nasal discharge and sneezing) and or chronic itching condition of skin (atopic dermatitis) ?
2. If both of them develop itching swelling and or excoriation after insect bite?
*If answer of 1. is yes, then probability of their skin condition is Atopic dermatitis, that will need a longtime management.
*If 1. is no but 2. is yes, then this condition might be PAPULAR URTICARIA/ insect bite reaction.. in case any of them Wear them full sleeve and use insect repellent at your room.
Finally you can test their blood sample for estimation of SERUM IgE after consultation with a dermatologist.
With regards.
Answered: Mon, 4 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor