Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Child has stomach pain, fever, green diarrhea, leg cramps, back pain. Should I take him to ER?

My 5yr old has complained on and off about his stomach hurting around his belly button for the past month (i assumed it was a stomach bug from school but now it keeps coming back ever couple days) He had a fever 3 days ago of 103 and now is having lime green diarrhea , belly pain that goes from belly button to left or to his groin area, loss of appetite , back pain , leg cramps , and groans in his sleep. I m taking him to Dr tomorrow but I m wondering if I should take him to er tonight? He s not a big complainer and he is just always telling me his stomach hurts and legs.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query
Since your child is having high grade fever along with pain abdomen anf green stools so there is possibility that he is having bacterial infection.leg cramps is due to electrolyte imbalance.
I suggest you to get him examined by pediatrician as he needs some tests like stool examination.CBC.and in case of infection a course of antibiotic is needed.
In the meantime give paracetamol for fever,give oral rehydration solution after each loose stools.give coconut water.lemon water,curd.,probiotic .

Wishing your child good health
God bless
Answered: Wed, 23 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor