Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Child has stomach ache, sensitive to touch. Moderate fever. How to treat?

my son is two years old since last night he will not eat has been complaining about stomach ache sensitive to touch it makes him feel that he need to have a bowl movement every 10 minutes but does not go. he already has had a bowel movement today it was normal and has been having a fever of 101.2 . he stays laying down is very f lushed his mouth is very dry can only tolerate ice chips if he drinks he vomits no diarrehea
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi dear,
Thanks for your query. It looks like your child is suffering from infection of bowel resulting in vomiting and urge to pass stools. Give paracetamol for fever. Discuss with doctor for giving antiemetics like emeset. Keep hydrating him well with water, juices, butter milk with salt, tender coconut water. If he is able to take fluids and passes urine well, he will be alright in few days. If he keeps vomiting too much and unable to take any thing then he needs to be given intravenous drips.
He might also pass loose stools which will also stop on its own in few days. No need to worry as long as he is taking adequate fluids and passing urine adequately.
Take care
Dr. Balaji CHinnasami MD
Assistant Professor - Pediatrics
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Imraan Hussain 's  Response
thanks for your quiry at HCM
have you dewormed your child, it should be done every 6 monthly ,
give extra fluid and ORS , along with banana and yougart
get urine routine examination and Complete blood count done with MP smear , malarial parasite

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I feel your child should be examined by a doctor to arrive at a diagnosis.

Is there any blood in the stool?
Does he have any other complaints?

His vomiting should be first controlled by antiemetics prescribed by your doctor.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 1 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor