Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child has stomach ache. No constipation. Anti-acids ineffective

My daughter is 9 years old and has been complaining for several months of a constant stomach ache. It comes on sudden when she eats, she has to stop eating and then is upset because she is hungry. It is not all the time, there are times when she can eat full meals without issue. She isn t constipated and I have tried tums and anti acids, they don t seem to help.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
In which part of abdomen she is getting pain upper or lower? Two causes of pain abdomen should be ruled out if it is upper abdomen pain after food- one is acid peptic disease and galbladder stones which are uncommon in children. Some times this type of pain is nonspecific and nothing will be significant even after extensive evaluation. Evaluate with ultrasound abdomen, CUE after consulting your Pediatrician.
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query.
pain abdomen for several months needs to be evaluated.take her to pediatrician,ultrasound abdomen needs to be done.In the meantime i suggest you to take care of her diet,give her plenty of fluids,salads,stop all kind of fried food,spicy food and junk food as they aggravate problem.
Your daughter will be fine,
God bless.
Answered: Sat, 5 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor