Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child has squint in eyes. Is her eye power severe?

Hello Doctor, My daughter of age 2.4yrs have squinting eyes from past one year and now its showing up more by converging left eye more, my OP told she has accomodative estropia and she has +4 far sight and prescribed spectacle, is +4 far sight too much severe ? will this number go down as she uses the spectacle and when can we notice some change in her eye squint after using the glass ? iam too much worried about this please clarify.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hi... +4 is a high hypermetropia. but it will reduce as she grows up...dont worry. she needs to use glasses continuoslyso that her visual developement happens normally. her squint is because of her refractive error so as her power goes on decreasing...the squint will also decrease . but u have to b vry alert and strict that she uses her specs regularly and properly. it is vry important that her glasses are well fitted and not loose as it should not happen that she is seeing from above the glasses. also she should undergo regular checkup at 3-4 months interval and evrytime her dilated refraction should be done.
she can study & play normally...please donot restrict her activities.
take care
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Anupama Desai's  Response
Hello Roopesh,

As long as her refractive error ( far sightedness in her case) is treated well within time ( beofre 8years of age) she is not likely to have any permanent eye problem in the form of either squint or amblyopia. Her power is not high but nevertheless requires constant wear of glasses. This will not only help to treat the squint but also prevent amblyopia.


Answered: Sat, 29 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor