Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child has spikes in back and raised rash all over torso. Advice?

My 9 year old son keeps complaining that he has spikes in his back, I ve asked him if they are like pins and needles and he says they are worse. They come and go but are getting more frequent. He also has a raised rash all over his torso that is not red or hurting him in any way. I have taken him to our local gp and they seem to have no idea what is going on.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Looks like your son has got some kind of skin rash on the back.Most common one which appear in this place is Pityriasis rosea which looks like christmas tree rash.You will need to show him to skin specialist who might give him some medicine with cream.This condition will settle down in 3-6 weeks and mostly does not recur.
Take Care
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I can understand your dilemma. Kindly consult your pediatrician or a dermatologist so that the rash can be assessed and management guidance be given. It is very difficult for me to give any suggestion without having a look at the lesions.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Answered: Fri, 15 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor