Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Child has prolonged fever. Prescribed Monocef and Ibugesic. Done blood test. Anything to worry about?

hello sir my son is 2yrs and 11 months old. he is having fever from november 1st. his fever never crossed 99 deg so we took him to a doctor. who prescribed him to take monocef -o 100 and ibugesic syrup if feverish. he did not have all day fever. it used to fluctuate like: he might have in the morng, then when given medicine will low down and the whole day he is fine. then might get it in the night. so doc suggested for blood test in which he had a wbc count of 2600. i just wanted to ask as if there is anythg to wrry abt and if the medicines are very strong. thank
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Total WBC count of 2600 / is something really to be worried. It commonly suggest septicemia / infection. However, the report should be correlated with child's clinical condition. It would be more helpful if you mentioned the complete investigation reports. Other causes like leukemia, bone marrow depression, corticosteroid therapy, genetic disorders are possible. Thorough examination and investigations are necessary to diagnose the cause.

Please, get your child examined by pediatrician IMMEDIATELY. He may require inject able antibiotics / other medicines.

Answered: Sun, 11 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor