Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Child has perianal abscess, diagnosed as fistula. Alternatives to surgery?

My 2 month old son has had a perianal abscess for 6 weeks now. He had a consult with general surgery today and they have diagnosed a fistula and recommend surgery. Are there any alternatives to surgery? Is it dangerous to wait and see if it will resolve on it s own? Surgery is scheduled on his 3 month bday and I am most concerned about him going under general anesthesia so young.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  173
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
The alternative for the surgery is to go for Ksarsutra Therapy (in ayurveda) but it is a long procedure and chances of reoccurrence is more. It is also like a surgery but procedure is done by a medicated thread.
It doesn't resolve by its own and its better to get it treated as early as possible if it is discharging pus.
Now about your another query about general anesthesia their a always a risk factor for every procedure in every one. Its just like crossing a road, if bus hits you its your bad luck. Every doctor do their best to treat the patient. So don't be afraid and get your queries cleared by your anasthesitist.
Hope you have got your answers.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor