Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child has painful, flat, fleshy mole on forehead with cauliflower type tip, is increasing in size. What could be the best way to remove it?

Hi, my daughter is 8 years old and has always had a small, fairly flat flesh colored mole on her forehead . Recently it has grown (seems like practically overnight) and has a cauliflower type tip on it and she has been complaining about it hurting. This coupled with the fact that other classmates are starting to notice as well. Is this typical behavior of a mole or is it something else? We would like to have it removed but what is the best way? & do we contact a dermatologist or our pediatrician? Are there dermatologists that specialize in treating children? Any advice is appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting the qwery.
The lesion seems like its a viral wart but any sort of growth over a mole should be removed.
Dermatologist ate specialised in removing these sort of lesions via medical or minor surgical procedures like electocautery etc.
These procedures have got no side effects and are safe.
Proper treatment after dermatological evaluation is recommended.
Hope for speedy recovery.
Dr Sandeep
Answered: Mon, 2 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor