Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child has nose bleed and red line on bridge of nose after fall. Should we go to urgent care?

My three year old daughter just tripped and fell face first into our linen chest . She started bleeding from both nostrils and a red line immediately formed across the bridge of her nose . There is bruising on both sides of her nose above the red line which also appeared almost immediately. Should we go to urgent care? What is the probability that it is broken?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  137
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Pressure on the nostril from exterior will stop bleeding.

If the bleeding persists despite pressure a nasal pack has to be done by the doctor.

Analgesics may be required for pain.

X ray of the bone after physical examination by your doctor may some times be required.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor