Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child has nasal and throat infection, cannot hear properly

my daughter is 5 year old ,, she was not speaking properly but now a days improved a lot and about 90% speaking,,but most of the time she is having nasal and throat infection and during infection she could not hear properly ,,but should we do so that her infection resolves as well as she start proper hearing and speaking
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  9
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Throat infection usually doesn't cause any hearing inpairement and speaking problems.
But any ear effusions may interfere with hearing and may lead to mild deafness.
So the ears of the child should be examined physically by an ENT specialist to rule out any effusions in the ears.
And I advise you to go for BERA test to know his hearing status objectively.
Hope I have answered your query.
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor