Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Child has myopia. How to prevent eye power from increasing?

My 3 year old daughter was diagnosed for myopia yesterday. She has -3.25 D cylindrical power in the right eye and 0.5 D spherical and -4 D cylindrical power in the left. She has been prescribed glasses for regular wear. Are there any chances of preventing her eye power from increasing ? What kind of diet has to be given to her for a healthy vision ?
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  332
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

As your child is growing the power may increase but that will mainly the spherical. You need to give a good healthy, nutritious diet for a healthy vision. The diet should contain adequate amounts of things like carrot which are a good source of vitamin A.

Ensure that your child wears her glasses regularly and does eye exercises to strengthen the muscles.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your daughter all the best.


Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor