Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Child has low appetite, takes long to finish his mean. Tips to resolve the problem?

Hi doctor, I am the worried mother of a 4 year old son who does not eat properly. He takes a very long time to finish his meal and that is getting very stressful for me. I have consulted a couple of doctors however failed to get a resolution for my problem. Can you please help? Thanks for your help in advance. Regards.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  12
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Firstly, if everything else is normal with your son, like his physical and mental health and his normal activities, you need not worry at all. Some children are slow eaters. Try to see that you provide him food in the way he likes and see that he gets nourishment in a presentable way. You may have to change your recipes. Patience and confidence that you are the only one who can deal with him will work wonders. You can try small frequent meals instead of a big long one. You can also consult a nutritionist. Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor