Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Child has low appetite, constant stomach ache. Should I give her the prescribed Culpaton before meal or only during pain?

Hi, I am Pat. I have a daughter of 5 years 2 months old. She vomitted very seriouly 3 days ago. After this voitting , her apetite turn bad. She ofter complain stomache .Sometime she feel pain 2, 3 hours after meal. Sometime pain on empty stomach early morning.Doctor gave her Cuplaton oral drop. and ask to feed her 4 times a day. My question is should I feed her with cuplaton before meal or when she feel the pain only? Thank You.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query

Culapton has simethicone which is used to reduce the bloating. I suggest you give it for 7 days before meals and then use it only when there is pain. I also suggest you use an anti gastric syrup like lansoprazole before meals for a week as well as an add on to Cuplaton. Please approach your pediatrician with my suggestion

I wish her good health and a speedy recovery

Answered: Tue, 31 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor