Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Child has loose stools, fever, mild abdominal pain. Little discharge with blood stained. Undergone hydronephrosis. What is it?

3 year old girl, had loose stools and fever for one day, also mild abdominal pain. Loose stools and fever subsided in one day. The grandmother noticed some discharge in her underwear the next day which was a little bloodstained too. The discharge was not noticed anytime before this. The girl had undergone surgery for hydronephrosis in infancy. She weighs 11 kgs. Please advice the approach to this case.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your quiry at HCM

it seems to be gastoentritis ,
give extra fluid to your child , continue with feedings and send stool for routine examination,
shegalosis is a possibility and needs antibiotics after consulting your physician

i will be available for your help
wishing you a speedy recovery
take care
Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor