Child has loose motions, mucus in stools. Prescribed Oflomac. Lactose intolerance?

Hi, we have 9 month old and getting loose motions from last 2-3 days. Today, the stool also had some mucus kinda thing. The doc after examination has prescribed Oflomac forte(3ml *2) and put on special diet of Nestum Rice + milk and Nusobee milk powder, stating lactose tolerance and infection. Is this correct diagnosis? How does one conclude lactose intolerance? He has been on formulae etc for 9 months now and was tolerant to milk/ curd etc. We are worried what s gone wrong.
Tue, 30 Oct 2012