Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child has loose motions, heavy and hard stomach. Taken Norfloxacin syrup. What to do?

sir my baby girl is 1 yr 8 months old she is having loose motions frm yesterday like water and her stomach is little heavy and slightly hard already shown to paedriatician he checkd n said its due to gastric problems but tht time her motions was stoped but after tht started again if we give norfloxcine syrup she become more tired n sleeply plz tell wht to do plzzz
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
In recurrent episodes of loose stools we have to take care of the hygiene. Along with the antibiotic (if norflox is not suitable than you can alter it) oral hygiene is very important.
1. Keep your baby hydrated, use only boiled water or RO filtered water.
2. Give Electrolyte powder with water.
3. Always give fresh semi liquid diet.
4. Change the wet clothes regularly.
5. Complete the total course of antibiotic as advised by your doctor.
Hope this will help you.
Best Wishes
Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor