Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Child has loose motion, fever. Prescribed Rinifol and Oflomac. Which medicine to give?

hi, my son is14 months old had he has loose motion and fever .doctor suggested me rinifol dry syrup and oflomac forte and for fever ibukind plus.I am totally confused my family doctor was out of town last time he prescribed ofm suspension and vizylac for fever crocin syrup.please advice me which medicine i can give to my baby.
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  771
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
The boy most probably has viral diarrhea.
Oflomac forte is an antibiotic which should be used in children only when absolutely essential because it can have adverse effects on joints & tendons.
My advice is to stop Oflomac forte & if required after few days your doctor can try safer antibiotics.
Rinifol - contains healthy bacteria & zinc which are both useful in diarrhea & should be continued.
For fever can use Crocin or Ibukind.
In addition use about 100 ml of ORS solution for each loose stool. Continue eating banana ,toast,
butter milk,yogurt etc & avoid fruit juices & carbonated fizzy drinks.
Hope you find the information useful.
Wish him speedy recovery.

Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor