Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Child has knob on forehead, dark spot, rough to the touch. What is it?

My 9yo daughter has what I once believed to be a hematoma on her forehead that stems from a accident when she was four in which she bumped her head on a knob. At that time it was a gash and bruise that all went away. Over the years the spot seemed to reappear and now is a very dark, rough to the touch, large bruise/hematoma. It is very noticeable and many people think it is a birthmark . But it was not present at birth and has only reappeared within the last couple of years. The accident at 4 years of age it the only trama that I can think of to that area of her head. Her pediatrician on yesterday stated that we may need to seek out an opinion of a dermatologist to determine if it is indeed a hematoma or something else. My question what is the something else?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Though i don't doubt the diagnosis as he would be in a better position to assess the condition of your child than me,

You should get her evaluated once for her complaint to get her examined physically by a cosmetic surgeon.

I would advise;
If needed do cosmetic / plastic surgery, After surgery scare is not appear.

"i wish good health your child"
Regards; Dr.Sagar Mhatre
Answered: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor