Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
135 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Child has headache, tooth pain, face pain, swollen eye. Help

My daughter is 12 years old. Just last week she started complaining of constant headaches now it apparently lead to her tooth hurting and left side of entire face hurting as well. She went to the docs this morning but didt diagnose her with anything. Apparently she was told to go to see the dentist as they did not find anything wrong. Now her left eye is swollen. Can you please help me. YYYY@YYYY
Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Report Abuse
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
Constant headache in a 12 year old could be due to refractory error,chronic sinusitis or migrane.
Toothache,pain in left side of face is due to an underlying infection.
I suggest you to get her examined by dentist she needs a course of antibiotics.
For her continuous headache she needs to be evaluated by pediatrician as some tests may be required.
Wishing your child good health.
God bless
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Samik Basu's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Your daughter has a problem.
The problems are one sided.There might be an inflammation somewhere in the left side.
Kindly consult your doctor and ask him to investigate the child.
She might need a CT scan.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ravikiran Reddy's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaints.
Headache , tooth ache and now swelling of the eyes relates to some disease process at the tooth base most probably.
It can also be due to maxillary sinusitis.
Initially take the opinion of dentist as your doctor said.
If the pains are due to tooth, then get treated otherwise you need to take the opinion of E.N.T also.
Thank you. Good luck
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

Recent questions on Sinusitis