Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Child has fever, weakness, cannot stand up. What to watch for?

Hi! I have an 11 month old baby boy who has a low grade fever (100.0). He is sleeping alot and suddenly seems pretty weak. he is usually very active all the time (walks nonstop) and since his almost 4 hour long nap this afternoon, can barely stand up. We just moved to a new state and my husbands health insurance for the family doesn t kick in until the 15th. I am wondering what to watch for and if I need to take him into an urgent care.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
is the baby having any other symptoms like fast breathing? or loose stools? does he cry when he urinates? is he taking feeds regularly? in case the baby is having any of the above symptoms you must take the baby to a peadiatrician immediately.if none of the above is there ..then give him some paracetamol syrup around 5 ml assuming his weight is around 8 to 9 kgs.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor