Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child has fever. Normal tests. Previously had typhoid. Widal test suggested

Hi Doctor, My child is 2 and half year old. I have a daughter. Last 2 month she is suffering from fever . All the report are normal. 2 month back she suffered from tyfied and we finished the course but today doctor is saying that her tyfied not balanced. They ask me to do the paracemtol syrup and ask me to do the Widal test .Please advise
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  53
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
It is not clear what investigations are already done showing normal reports. It would be helpful to answer if you mentioned those.
Widal Test is a presumptive serological test for typhoid fever. The report is compared with child's history of previous typhoid fever, typhoid vaccination, general level of antibody in the community (local titre) and present clinical condition of the child. As your child had typhoid fever episode 2 months back, the interpretation of the result would be difficult. More definite tests like blood culture would be necessary to reach the diagnosis.
I would therefore suggest to get your child thoroughly examined by pediatrician and start treatment as necessary.
Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Amit Kumar's  Response
hello there,
typhoid should not be the first diagnosis in any illness that lasts for more than 2 months but it may be a possibility, so there is no harm in going for widal test.

some other tests that would be more informative in a fever of 2 months duration are blood culture, urine culture, bone marrow examination and culture, mantoux test, ultrasound abdomen etc. and some other tests to rule out immunosuppressive diseases, tuberculosis etc.

so you can discuss about these with your doctor and ask if he thinks there is necessity of these tests.

you can write to me if need further suggestion.
wish your daughter a rapid recovery

Answered: Mon, 19 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor