Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Child has eyelid pain, muscle and joint pain. Had Dengue. Blood test shows elevated SGPT, SGOT and alkaline phosphate. Medication?

I am 14 year old child and recently returned from Hospital due to fever of Dengu . The problem with me I am getting pain on my eyelid ( both) and pain in joints ^ muscle , I have done blood test after 10 days of discharge from hospital. The SGOT -32, SGPT-54, Alkaline phophate -836, Platlate count is 0000 all other values are in normal range. Please suggest what is the reason of elevated SGPT SGOT and alkaline phophaste, and low value of platelate count. What medication is required to reduce the same and increase the platelate count. What should be the food to be taken daily.Please suggest
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response

Please don't waste your valuable time and get emergency medical care. A 4 digit platelet count with joint pain and eyelid pain is dangerous condition. It may be due to dengue hemorrhagic fever [reinfection of dengue after an previous episode is more common cause]. High liver enzymes (SGOT, SGPT, ALP) also features of Dengue Hemorrhagic fever.

Drink plenty of water to maintain your hydration and go to emergency medical care fecility immediately.
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor