Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Child has diarrhea and fever, painful. Should I see a doctor immediately?

My 15 month old daughters been sick off and on for about6 weeks now with diarrhea and fevers. Today she went 4 times and the last time I clean her I saw something that look like worms .. I want to know what It is and should I wait to see a doc tomorrow? Before she went she was crying in pain but I didn t know If it s from that. Email address kaylineyin@ WWW.WWWW.WW
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi,You should consult with your pediatrician as early as possible ,child needs complete examination and investigations.
Start with ORS and Syp Zinconia for loose motion.
De worming agent can be given for worms.
I advise following investigations as you are saying child is sick since 15 days
1.Complete blood picture with platelet.
2 PS for MP
3 Widal
4 Urine routine microscopy
5 Stool routine microscopy for ova and cyst
6.USG abdomen
Wishing for good health.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Kaushik K Murthy's  Response
good morning, child having loose stools, worms in stool and pain while passing stools, needs doctors attention, meanwhile maintain her hydration status by giving her ORS . also watch for blood in stools.
Answered: Fri, 12 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor