Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Child has dark circles, wrinkles, congestion. Claritan ineffective. Anything that can be done?

Hello. For years my son has always had extreme allergies . I don t remember a day he is not really stuffy or sounds congested. He i snow 11 and now even has dark circles , even lil wrinkles from rubbing his eyes so much...I was wondering if at such a young age he can see an ENT doctor to help him, he has to be miserable with this, can you please tell me is there anything that can be done, besides claritan, because it doesn t work. Thank you,
Asked On : Sun, 18 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Hello ,
Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum.
Yes, even a child can be evaluated by an ENT specialist or an Allergist specialist if he is suffering from perennial allergy symptoms.
You should definitely consult one for a thorough evaluation of your son as he could be a case of atopy which can have dermatitis, rhinitis , dry itchy eyes etc.
In case of allergy or atopy prevention is always better than cure .
Nowadays , however many newer anti allergy medications like mast cell stabiliser medications(monteleukast ), levocetrizine etc are given to minimise the symptoms and prevent exacerbations.
So it is advisable you discuss with his pediatrician or the specialists mentioned as per feasibility.
Wishing him a speedy recovery and good health forever.
Answered: Sun, 18 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor