Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Child has cystic lesion in kidney. What should be the next course of action?

i know someone who has a small child aged three and his left kidney is small in size with multiple small cystic lesion replacing the renal parenchyma, the largest cyst measures 14mms in size ,left kidney is 29*17 mmsand there is no mass lesio, calculus or hydronephrosis is seen in either what should be the next course of action ?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The child should be investigated for renal function tests and to assess any obstruction in urine flow.

He should be monitored regularly to assess there is any increase in the size of cysts periodically.

And his family members also screened with ultrasound to look for any cysts in the kidney as some are familial cysts.

I advise you to consult the pediatrician or nephrologist for further advise.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor