Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child has cough. Can I try nebulizing ampule?

Good day. Is there an over the counter nebulizing ampule that I can buy to put in the nebulizer to help with my 2 year old s cough . He has a bad chest as it is, and often has to go on antibiotics . Now he started coughing again 2 days ago and i really want to try keep him off the antibiotics, so i want to try nebulizing him with something to relieve the coughing. Can you please advise. regards Belinda
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
your kid has repeated respiratory infections..
it could be due to allergic bronchitis with secondary infections..
see your paediatrician for the diagnosis and treatment..
nebulisation is a good idea, but it should be advised from paediatrician..
mast cell stabilizer and levocetricine for the prophylaxis against this problems..
later on controlled desensitization can be used..
all the very best..
Answered: Fri, 16 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor