Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child has continuous fever, prescribed asthakind dx syrup. Is this medicines advisable for a kid?

Dear doctor, my son is one year and two months old. He has fever and cough for the last 4-5 days. His pediatrician prescribed asthakind dx syrup. But nowhere in the bottle/cover its mentioned that its for pediatric use. And on the cover its also mentioned that its sugar free. I just want to confirm whether i can give this syrup to my this much small kid?
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  2739
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query
Relax,you can give medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
Asthakind dx has cough suppressant,antiallergic and decongestant,
For fever you can give acetaminophen in prescribed doses if fever shoots above 100F.
Give plenty of fluids.,lukewarm ware will be soothing.
Wishing your child good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Samik Basu's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.
You can give this syrup if prescribed at the right dose.
Generally all syrups are meant for children.
You can use Ambrolite-S as a substitute if you want.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.Hope this answers your query.Wishing your child a speedy recovery.Have a nice day.
Answered: Tue, 29 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor