Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Child has comparatively low height, takes good diet. What can be done for enhancing physical growth?

My son is 5 years and 11 months old. He is 109 cm in height and only 16.5 kg in weight. He seems very small in same age group. We mother and father are 160cm and 170 cm respectively. He is very active and always play outdoor games. His diet is also well enough. His growth was affected during 8th month pregnancy and 3.2 kg born. 8 month back we gave amway nutralite powder for around 4 months , growth was 7 cm in that period. But he suffered from acidity , giddiness and nausea frequently. Now we stopped it for last 4 months but growth only 1 cm. kindly suggest for physical growth for weight and height.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Fortunately your child does not have any problem. His height and weight are within normal percetiles of growth.Do not compare your child to other children without scientific basic.Growth is genetic to some extent. he will grow very slowly from now onwards. His growth spurt will take place from 13 yrs of age and continue till 21 yrs. Protein supplements alone will have no effect.An equally balanced diet in carbohydrates,fat ,proteins and micronutients will help in his growth. take good acre of him and encourage outdoor sports.
Wish him a healthy life
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor