Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Child has chest pain, difficult breathing. Has asthma, chronic lung disease. Better after inhaler. Visit doctor?

Hi. My 8 year old son suffers from asthma and I've been told he has chronic lung disease. He was a premature baby at 32 weeks. Since this morning, he has been complaining about his chest and saying that he finds it hard to breathe. He seems a bit better since I've given him his inhalers but should I take him to the doctors considering his history?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
inhalers if okay you can use if controlled by inhalers they are safe
but this seem to be alleric
get allergytest done from allergy specialist and go for cure
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
getting an exact diagnosis is worthwhile in order to establish a better treatment and monitoring plan. A chest X ray, spirometric tests to have an idea of air volumes of the child, immunoglobulin E levels in blood to exclude an allergic component.
The past history and clinical symptoms would be better managed by an pulmonologist. I suggest you book an appointment in this regard. However, taking drugs could lead to symptomatic and temporal relief, but actually knowing the exact cause shall lead to long term impacts and monitoring.
Thanks and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Fri, 12 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor