Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Child has chest discomfort. Increased heart beats. What do you suggest?

my daughter is 8 now, last year she woke up telling me her heart felt funny. I put my hand over her heart and it felt like it was coming out of her chest . I told her to take some deep breaths. again that week it happened again. When to Doctor, they put her on a monitor, that she had to push button when her heart felt funny. They said she has one main eposiode, and then put her on a 24 hour one. Heard nothing back. It has been almost a year and my daughter is still complaining of her heart feeling fast. She said when it does it her heart hurts and she is tired and it makes it hard to breath. I have tried taken her pulse a few times, at times hard to find, she is skinny... one time I thought I got it and it was over 130. What do you suggest/
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello, since the complaint has now lasted for almost, it would be appropriate to get an ECHO done for your child to lay all the speculations to rest. Palpitations commonly occur due to anxiety, drugs or an underlying heart problem. It is important to rule out any stress which your child might suffer at school or elsewhere. Does she have similar complaints at night ? Does she get a disturbed sleep ? So to sum it up, identify any stressors before you proceed further.
Answered: Sun, 5 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor