Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child has bruise and swelling in groin. Was kicked in groin. Have pain. Recommendations?

My 16 yr old son was kicked in the groin during tae kwon protection. that was 5 days ago. We went to the ER the next morning (Tuesday). He had an ultra sound and the dr. said he looked fine. He said he should have been back to school by Thursday but it was too painful to walk that much and sit in school all day on hard chairs. He has an appointment scheduled with a urologist on Monday. He s been in increased pain this afternoon and tonight. I m not sure if there is anything else I should do or just wait till we see the urologist. He has been icing off and on. There is bruising and some swelling .
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  145
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
It looks like that your child has developed a heamatoma(collection of blood under skin and muscle) following trauma.Since his ultrsound is normal there is nothing to worry,The injury might be superfascial one.Haematoma has given him swelling.I would suggest you to consult a nearby physician who may prescribe him pain killer.He may also need antibiotic.If you have no access to a physician you can give him pain killer available over the counter like paracetamol.As his appointment with urologist is still 4 days to go and he is in pain and agony.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

thanks for writing to healthcare magic

i request you to provide some sort of protection during such activities

your child definitely needs to be seen by a doctor immediately

you are saying that there is increasing swelling and pain

pl get him examined by a doctor .......

hope this helps

take care

Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor