Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Child has bronchitis. Earlier had pneumonia. Given seroflo inhalation. Any other treatment?

Hi Dr, my kid is in mumbai and has infant bronchitis . he is 2 years old and had a pneumonia attack one year back. I have him on seroflo 50 inhalation everyday , but he regularly has cold/cough and wheezing problems. I am giving asthalin and wikoryl is needed also I hae started piriton for wheezing.. But I feel e is getting used to so many medicines! is there no other way?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi Vasumathi,You can try the following!
Keep his environment free from fine dust
get him tested for allergens
avoid citrus fruits and see whether there is any use
can try a drug called monteleukst- it helps in some kids- get it prescribed
good luck
Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Your child is having symptoms inspite of medication,that means his asthma is not getting controlled and he needs step up treatment.
I suggest you to be in regular follow up with your pediatrician for proper management.
Also try to avoid trigger factor precipitates attack.
Do not worry as his age increases his symptoms will get better.

Wishing your baby good health
God bless.
Answered: Sun, 3 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor