Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Child has abdominal discomfort after taking NAN-1. Should I continue with cow's milk?

Hi... Sir, I am having twin babies- both males and they are 3 months older, also they are premature, born 35-36 weeks of pregnancy my wife had developed GDM and PIH and she on OHA and anti HTN and breast milk is totally absent and not able to feed my babies, both the babies are on NAN-1 but twin A baby is having some abdominal discomfort after consuming it, doctors suggested cry-no drops to add in the milk but still getting no-relief but the twin2 baby is ok with it and now recently we started cow s milk to twin A, he is digesting very well so please suggest whether to continue with cow s milk to my babies.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello i have gone through your complaints. Actually cows milk has more solute load which falls on your baby kidney which is partially immature to handle the load. Even though it is earlier to start of the cows milk it is not absolutely contraindicated. You can try for lactose free milk diet for your twin A for few days which will decrease the bloating and it will be more safer if you start the cows milk at least after completing 4 months .
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Mon, 21 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor