Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Child has a increasing lump formed under spinal cord that travels vertically with the spine, no fever or tiredness. Suggestions?

Hi my 3 year old son has a lump formed kind of underneath his spinal cord in the middle of his back. He s not feverish or showing any signs of fatigue or pain. I noticed this lump about a week ago but it was small.. Tonight during his bath I noticed that it clearly had grown its about two inches long and it travels vertically with his spine . I am taking him to hospital tomorrow but I would just like to hear what the possibilities are.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi may be what you are mentioning is a superficial lump under the skin since you also say it is movable .
The ones that are under the spinal cord can not be felt from outside,
Go to you doctor and let them decide
Do not worry
Answered: Tue, 9 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor