Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Child had tubes in ears since years, now seems to have blackish scab in one ear without presence of tube. Help?

My son had tubes put in his ears in june 2011 now in one ear he has a blackish looking scab and i cant see the tube anymore. I m kinda freaked out about this and no one seems to be able to give me an straight answers. What is going on with my childs ear? Did the tube fall out and this ugly looking scab form as part of the healing or should i take him to be seen?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query , and by your clinical history I am suspecting that your child is most likely having ear wax in his ear, this is no way concerned with grommet (Tubes) .

Need not to worry most of the time ear wax comes out of ear automatically but some times it gets impacted than help of ENT doctor will be necessary for removal of wax.

Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor