Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Child had head injury, swollen black eye, lump on head. Is lump normal?

My son is 7 months old. He fell on his head like a week ago. he had a swollen black eye and a lump on his head. the swollen eye went away and the black eye is going away. This morning he tried to pull himself to a standing and fell and bumped his head on the bump on his head on the corner of our wood coffee table. He cried for like 20 mins and now his lump is squishy to the touch and a little bit bigger.. is that normal? should i get it checked out?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
the lump on his head is because of clotted blood following trauma (cephalhematoma) which is very common finding in a baby with head injuries. this swelling will take much longer time to go as compared to black eye. please be patient. it may take up to 8 weeks for complete spontaneous resolution.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 24 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor