Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child had head injury, lump in head, applied ice. Further precautions?

My son tripped over the power unit and his small 19 tv fell off a 4 foot dresser and hit him On the back right side of his head. He s 3 years old and over 3 feet himself but he does have a goose egg and I ve been icing it. I asked him how he feels and if he has a headache and he said he is fine. What further precautions should I take? Any symptoms I should watch for to see if this could be worse?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Please visit doctor for further management.

Watch your son for symptoms like- loss of consciousness, vomiting, abnormal body movements, weakness of any body part.

He may need analgesic medication, thrombolytic ointment, and further investigations (if suggested by clinical examination).

Please go to a doctor and get him examined.
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor