Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Child had head injury, headache, dizziness, bump on forehead, fever, sensitive to light

my son 7year old, got hurt on his head in school and came home with headache , he felt dizzy and slept off soon. not recollecting how he got a bump on his forehead . headache and fever continued for two days. its only after a day that he recollects that he fell down and somebody fell on his head. he looks weak, sleepy, sensitive to light n sound and movement for 2 days, now recovering. please advice what needs to be done. now no fever.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hello and thanks for the query.
As your son, didnt exactly remember what happened immedietely when he came home, its possible he may have temporarily lost comsciousness due to a concussion. He also has some alteration of sensorium and lightsensitivity which indicates that you need to see a pediatrician or neurosurgeon immediately to rule out any intracranial injury/ bleeding within the skull, etc. Hence, kindly take him to the Hospital as soon as possible.
Wishing your son a speedy recovery.
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aniruddha Panja's  Response
Hello Dear
Thanks for your query

You should visit a neurologist immediately and get a medical check up of your son .
A CT scan of brain needs to be done.
Is he still having headache and is sleepy & weak ? There may be intracranial hemorrhage which needs to be taken care of.
For headache you can use analgesics like Paracetamol ... but the condition needs to be clinically evaluated and investigations need to be done.Don't self medicate .

Update here how he stays ..

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Sun, 28 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor