Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Child got tonsils removed. Having swollen lymph node, advised biopsy. Suggestions?

My son is 6 years old and his tonsils had been removed 2 months ago but the problem now is his lymph node ( the one next to the tonsils ) is large I m very worry about that I took him to the ENT he gave him appointment in 6 weeks and he Also said if it didn t shrink he might need a biopsy I forgot to mention that he had 4 deep cavity that been treated about month ago
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  275
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
You should not worry . This could be a lymph node.
Consult your doctor and you can take a broad spectrum antibiotic like amoxicillin with clavulinic acid to take care of the infection in the lymph node.
The infection cause these lymph node node to enlarge in size, which occur in the nearby surrounding area.
In doubt do reply
Answered: Thu, 28 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor