Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Child got injured in soft spot. Vomiting, fussy. Should I worry?

Hi I have a 3 week old baby and my toddler accidentally hit him w a toy on his soft spot. I had not felt the soft spot before but it feels slightly sunked in. It s as round as a quarter and slightly sunked in. He cried for a little bit and has been fine. One thing I did notice was that like 1 hr later he vomit a little but if breast milk he also has been fussy. Should i worry and take him to the ER or what are the things I should watch for?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hello I have gone through your complaints. The danger signs are vomiting, not accepting feeds and bulging of the soft spot. But in your child it is depressed which is normal. If there are further vomitings and if the soft spot is bulged then you need to contact your doctor. Until then there is no need to worry.
Thank you. Good day
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. Synthyia Bhagat's  Response
Thanks for your query
As you mentioned his soft spot is depressed,
you should observe for warning signals like persistent vomiting,irritability,refusal of feeds,bulging fontanelle. and in case you report any take him to ER.

Your babay will be fine
God bless
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor