Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Child getting frequent stye infections. Need permanent cure

My son has his third stye in about 3 weeks. It started with one in the right eye, and when that one cleared one popped up in the left eye. That one cleared last week, and now one is developing in the right eye again. Is it possible that the problem is something other than a stye? If not, is it normal for them to go from eye to eye? Thank you!
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Mann,

Thank you for your query.

It is not unusual to have repeated stye in the eye. You should ensure that hygiene is maintained and the eyes washed frequently. If it was due to low immunity then infection would have been present elsewhere too.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Thu, 11 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor