Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Child gets shocks in abdomen area, above belly button, middle of back. Possible causes?

My son is 9 years old and has been experiencing jolts or shocks inside his abdomen area. He has had them just above the belly button, in the right rib cage area, and in the middle of the back. Sometimes it pulses a few times, but he says it hurts. Sometimes it lasts a few seconds or so, but they still take him off guard and he says it hurts (especially the ones in the back and rib cage area). Any ideas what might be causing this? It started a few weeks ago. Thank-you!
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Good morning
You need to see doctor for further examination.
Your child might be having problem in gall bladder, pancreas.
Investigations like abdominal ultrasound will be use full.
For now he should avoid eating fatty food, spicy food.
Hope I answered your question, will be happy to help you, if you have any more question.
Answered: Sun, 18 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor