Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child gets frequent ear infections, is car sick after a short time during the infection bout. Can ear tubes ease motion sickness?

My daughter is 4 years old and is going to the ent on mon. she has had 6 ear infections in the last seven months and has been on antibiotics every time. She has been car sick since she was about 3 months old. sometimes she is still car sick after a ten minute drive usually right around the time of the ear infections. could the ear tubes help with motion sickness?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Does she snore at night or does mouth breathing at night or whole day???
YOu must see an ent specialist as planned by you . She needs to get doen X ray of soft tissue Nasopharynx for adenoids .
Adenoid enlargement is to be ruled out which may block the tube and cause dizziness now and then.
The adenoids if enlarged make the child to breath through mouth as they block the nose.
In doubt do reply
Answered: Sun, 1 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor