Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Child gagged on Advil pills, taken milk. What else should I do?

HI, my daughter got a hold of one of those little travel size advil bottles. I had some admil 200mg tablets & Walgreens version of Aleve 220mg tablets in it. It I believe was only half full. she gagged on the pills & threw up what looks to me all of what was probably in the bottle. She will be 3 yrs old on Oct 1, she weighs about 26-27 lbs & is 36 tall. It happened about 20 minutes ago. I stuck my finger in her mouth to try and get her to gag anything else up, but nothing came up. I now have her drinking some milk. Otherwise she seems fine right now. What else should I do? Thanks so much, Jenn
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
,   ,  
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
As accidental medication overdosage is dangerous go immediately to the emergency department near bye you and they will assess the need for the gastric lavage and they will admit the baby and observe .
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor